Zilico was founded in 2006 following a successful collaboration between the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, UK, to develop a more accurate means of diagnosis for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN).
The company has developed its patented Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) into a platform technology for cancer diagnosis and is expanding its product development into other clinical areas.
ZedScan is a diagnostic system that is used alongside colposcopy to provide an objective assessment of the cervical epithelial tissue in real time.
Clinical Benefits of Using ZedScan
When used alongside colposcopy ZedScan has demonstrated greater accuracy in detecting cervical disease.
- More patients with cervical disease are detected
- Patients who test negative for disease can confidently be released back to routine cervical screening
- Better differentiation between high grade and low grade cervical abnormalities
- Potential to move to See & Treat for CIN2/3 diagnosis
- Confidence to treat patients identified with high grade neoplasia (HG CIN)
- Reduce the risk of over-treatment due to higher positive predictive value (PPV) than colposcopy alone
- Reduce patient anxiety by offering treatment immediately
Pin-point the location of pre-cancerous lesions
- Identify the most suitable position on the cervix to take a biopsy
- Minimise the number of biopsies taken to one per patient
- Limit patient discomfort and co- morbidity
The list of attendees is below:
Ann Marie Sanderson